Nation’s 1st Certified “Emerald” – Green Building’s Highest Standard
Cost to heat & cool this 4 bedroom Davidson Design is about $370 per year!
Located in Smithfield Township, this RGB exclusive Bucks County Colonial Design was constructed under the NAHB Green Building Standards program. It is the first in the country to be certified at the Emerald Level, the highest level attainable in green home building certified by the National Association of Home Builders. To earn an Emerald rating, a home must be designed to use 60% less energy than a house that complies with the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), along with meeting other criteria for efficiency, air quality, land use and more.
Some of the Eco-Friendly features of this 1645 Square Foot, 3 to 4 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath home include:
- Geo-thermal heating and cooling system that is very inexpensive to operate
- Water saving features that save almost 25,000 gallons of water per year
- Bamboo, cork and linoleum flooring – the greenest types of flooring available
- Energy Star rated windows and appliances
- Low maintenance Trex decking
- Energy efficient floor plan
- Humidification System & Energy Recovery Ventilator
- Passive heating/cooling overhangs on windows
- Landscaping designed for low water usage
- Extremely tight building envelope
- Low & no VOC materials
- Materials native to the area, such as Pennsylvania Blue Slate
The interior features include an open floor plan, breakfast nook plus a formal dining room, and an over-size master bedroom with a walk-in closet.