Buying Real Estate in the Poconos
Buying real estate, be it land, residential real estate, or commercial real state, is not a small matter!
For most, it will be their largest financial transaction made, and probably the most complex. An experienced, professional realtor will knowledgeably assist a buyer and will educate the buyer about the process each and every step of the way. How much can you afford? Contact me about pre-qualification – it is easy and free!
The additional expertise I offer as a Realtor in the Poconos:
When it is your real estate investment, it is not just about buying land, or a house. A “home” does not exist in a vacuum and is most often located within a neighborhood in a specific community, or in a particular area offering particular features, such as availability of winter ski areas, motor boat lakes, public golf courses, hospitals and medical care. When buying land in the Poconos, or residential real estate, working with a real estate agent who knows the Poconos and its townships and communities in Pike, Wayne and Monroe Counties, is vitally important. Questions may need to be considered, such as commutability and proximity to other areas important to a buyer.
If you will be buying land in the Poconos and are searching for the perfect homesite that is suitable for new home construction for your custom built home, the value of working with a real estate agent who is additionally a custom builder’s representative, and experienced in new home construction, cannot be overemphasized. There are many aspects regarding land that need to be assessed, some of which could add more cost to your home building project, or, in a worse case scenario, render a property unbuildable. There may be local zoning requirements that can affect the size of the home, or where it will be placed. These aspects are vitally important considerations that should be addressed before buying land, not after the purchase has been made!
A Realtor will:
- Assist the buyer in determining how much the buyer can afford
- Introduce the buyer to mortgage lenders for pre-qualification for a mortgage to assist the buyer in obtaining the required mortgage financing
- Provide knowledge about current programs and incentives that will help the buyer
- Listen carefully to a buyer’s needs and wishes, and locate appropriate properties based on the buyer’s needs, preferences and budget
- Preview selected properties and accompany the buyer on showings
- Research these properties to identify any issues or problems for consideration
- Prepare the offer to purchase, sales agreement or contract of sale, protecting the buyer’s interests in doing so; will provide the requisite estimate of closing costs to be reviewed prior to making an offer
- Will keep the buyer on target with all stages, from contract through closing, such as selecting a home inspector, ordering title, and the many other requirements that need to be met by the buyer
- Have professional relationships developed with established vendors, such as lenders, title companies, inspectors, surveyors, insurance companies, attorneys and the necessary local government officials
- Make sure all time lines are met, which is extremely important in order to avoid potential liability!
Once again, an experienced, professional State licensed real estate agent devotes many hours to training and education programs that emphasize risk reduction and protecting clients’ interests.
If you would like more information about purchasing real estate in the Poconos, please contact me. Buying land or buying a home for sale in Pike, Wayne and Monroe Counties, PA, includes Milford, Matamoras, Westfall, Dingmans Ferry, Shohola, Lackawaxen, Bushkill, the Lake Wallenpaupak region and Hawley, Honesdale, Shawnee and East Stroudsburg.
Discover why these are the places where distance is measured in smiles and time is measured in wonderful memories!
An Important Step – Getting Pre-qualified
If you will be requiring financing to assist you with your new home purchase, please contact me so I can provide you with information about mortgage professionals in the Poconos area who can assist you with pre-qualification for mortgage financing. It’s very easy, and it’s free to get pre-qualified! Knowing your budget for your new home in the Poconos is an important beginning step.